Monday, October 4, 2021

Busy not sewing

 The last Friends of the Library book sale of the year was a great success, perhaps because of the off-and-on rain we had this weekend.  People came downtown for the fall festival but some events (like the sidewalk sales!) were rained out.  So they came inside the library to shop.  

We still have plenty of books returned to boxes and stacked up, but we'll spend the winter organizing.   Paula did a great job cleaning up the area under the stairs, which we filled afterwards, along with our "store" area which is available whenever the library's open.   

I was on my feet most of Thursday through Saturday, so yesterday I took it easy.  I did manage to get into the sewing room and finish up my Harriet's Journey blocks for this month.  I have at least 64 blocks so far and chose several more blocks to make before I set them together.  I'm running out of focus fabric and keep buying white on whites for the background.

I still can't decide how to set Harriet, however, so today I'll work on some other blocks of the month - the "Options" blocks and, if there's time, the RSC pineapples.  The latter will follow me into the new year since I only have 9 or 10 made so far.  Not enough for a quilt of any size.

I keep saying I won't take on any more blocks of the month projects in 2022, but of course one of my guilds has one that's just starting.  The blocks will be 12" instead of 6" as we did last year, so a bigger quilt is definitely possible.  I offered to design the December block and have been experimenting with various patterns.  So far, I haven't settled on The One.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I guess the rain helped your sale! that was nice to get more sales but sorry the weather was not ideal.