Sunday, March 13, 2022

Behind on the RSC


I finished the center of It's the Point and just have a thin outside border to make today.   I hope to get a picture today, too.  Yesterday, after sewing the long diagonal seam, I just needed a break.  Because I have so many scraps, including a mountain of 1.5" squares in multi-colors, gray, and black, I decided to work on the back for a while.  

This was truly mindless sewing that I could do as the snowstorm raged outside.  We may have had over 6" of snow but won't really know until we stick our noses out the door today.  It was blowing a lot last night which resulted in drifty bits on the windows and driveway.   Let's hope it was the last storm of the season.  I know we'll have small blasts in the next few weeks, but hope they won't bring everything to a standstill again.

The birds went after the feeders with a vengeance, and we are almost out of seed.  Due to the bears that roam around the neighborhood, we always stop feeding the birds around April 1.  Once this bag of seed is used - probably today - we'll take the feeders in for the season, unfortunately.

The news has been very unsettling, and I feel for everyone in Europe right now.   Major cities around Europe are creating flowering hearts in solidarity.   I am sure we have relatives there as my stepgrandparents left there in the late 1800s.  Some local bakers here left family behind there to start the bakery.  It seems everyone has been touched by this senseless war.   Quilters are making blocks and quilts in support of the people of Ukraine using the blue and gold of the Ukrainian flag.  I have yet to make my yellow/gold Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks this month, but when I do, they will include some blue, too.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope your winter will all of a sudden go away. The last of our snow should melt today I hope I'm tired of winter. All the talk of war is horrible but yet I keep getting drawn back to read about it or watch it on the news. I stop putting birdseed out in mid-March as it is in an area where the flowers grow and all the seed scattered on the ground is attacked by the larger birds and little animals like squirrels and the ground gets worked up too much. They tend to ruin my plants - I guess I need to find a new place to put the feeders but then they will be in the way of the lawnmower.