Saturday, March 5, 2022

Lots of color

I have made all of the blocks for the center of It's the Point, and now I keep shuffling them around to spread the colors throughout.  There will be black sashing between the blocks with colored cornerstones so that there are colorful nine patches between the big squares.  Without the sashing right now, it's almost overwhelming.

After finishing the blocks, I started working on one of the corners.  Because my friend Tess has not yet finished writing the pattern, I am working only from her cutting chart and a photo of her quilt.  As with the blocks, there are options with the sides and corners.  Here is a very rough draft, with two options for the side triangles.  Bear in mind that the blocks will be on point.

I really want the edges to be black to showcase the color in the center.  I ended up making two more variations for the side triangles but didn't sew the strips together.  I'm going to sleep on this and maybe stop here and show it all to Tess when I see her next week.  I can be sewing the sashing between the blocks and the sashing strips with cornerstones in the meantime.  It's a puzzle, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is nice and colorful - I always love a black sashing to set colors off