Friday, March 18, 2022

Lots 'o' blocks

 




I knuckled down and got a few blocks of the month finished this week, including the pineapple blocks.  In the spirit of supporting Ukraine, I made my centers and one tiny house roof blue.  I don't really like the yellow "Brick House" - too dull somehow - but hope it will look OK with the rest of the houses by year's end.  I love making the tiny paper pieced houses with "crumbs."

Next, I took a little inventory of my wonky star blocks for March and found I have 11, plenty for a row or border for the as yet unknown quilt I'm making with 6" blocks of the month.  Meanwhile, I cut out the guild block of the month - a 12" churn dash - and hope to have time to put it together today.  I won all of the star blocks for February at the guild meeting this week.  There were just four, so they'll go into my "orphan" box for now.
 

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think stars are my favorite blocks and love yours