Whenever I can this week, I've been hand stitching bindings from fronts to back. First finished was a Stack and Whack "leftovers" quilt, using the triangles at the beginnings and ends of the rows I cut my Lemoyne Star pieces from. It's about 36" square. Next was the "ocean" throw, using batiks my mom gave me for Christmas. I used orphan blocks in pink and brown on the back, and Lisa quilted it in waves and swirls. I finished sewing down the binding this afternoon.
I pushed ahead and sewed a label on the Christmas Stars quilt I made with swap blocks. Lisa quilted leaves and berries throughout, and it looks lovely. I started on the binding and will probably be working on it for a few days because the quilt is a "generous throw" size. I'm expecting my brother and his daughters tomorrow, so my sewing/guest room has been vaccuumed and cleaned up a bit. So has the banjo repair area (a/k/a the guest bed) in the basement. Paul seemed surprised that he filled up a whole trash bag in the process, but of course I wasn't. :-)