Friday, May 25, 2012

Bindings

Whenever I can this week, I've been hand stitching bindings from fronts to back.  First finished was a Stack and Whack "leftovers" quilt, using the triangles at the beginnings and ends of the rows I cut my Lemoyne Star pieces from.  It's about 36" square.  Next was the "ocean" throw, using batiks my mom gave me for Christmas.  I used orphan blocks in pink and brown on the back, and Lisa quilted it in waves and swirls.  I finished sewing down the binding this afternoon.

I pushed ahead and sewed a label on the Christmas Stars quilt I made with swap blocks.  Lisa quilted leaves and berries throughout, and it looks lovely.   I started on the binding and will probably be working on it for a few days because the quilt is a "generous throw" size.   I'm expecting my brother and his daughters tomorrow, so my sewing/guest room has been vaccuumed and cleaned up a bit.  So has the banjo repair area (a/k/a the guest bed) in the basement.  Paul seemed surprised that he filled up a whole trash bag in the process, but of course I wasn't.  :-)

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good that you got bindings done. I have 4 quilts that need to have bindings, just can't seem to get in the mood. Have a great weekend.