Sunday, May 13, 2012

Block Lotto

I signed up for a block lottery recently.  This is the first 12" block in the set, which features black, white, and brights.   Each month, someone in the group wins the whole bunch, and we mail our block(s) to her.  We can make up to four, but this month, I only made one in the prescribed royal blue and another in red to go along with the black, red, and white rows I received from guild members.  I am hoping to use the rows as borders for a medallion.  Obviously, I'm not in a hurry to finish this one because I have lots of other projects going on at the same time.

I am pleased that I finished three quilts in the last month - the guild raffle quilt, a baby string quilt for Paul's niece Meg's new baby, and the guild mystery quilt.  Hope I can keep this pace up because I have just too many UFOs for comfort!  Next up:  the red and white quilt in three sections.  I'm planning to wash the backing early this week.

No comments: