Monday, January 21, 2019

Another top done!

Last year, I participated in a Missouri Star block swap that included quilters from Australia, Canada, and various states.  I think I made two sets of 12 blocks and then a few more, so that I ended up with at least 25 blocks.  The stars were to be made using gray backgrounds and were stash busters, so some are quite wild.  Here's the top I finished today.



I like the darker gray Robert Kaufman's Quilter's Linen I used for the sashing and setting triangles, and somehow I threw in a little black, too, as the cornerstones.  I may add a thin stripe of black to offset the gray triangles.  Is it finished or do I want to make it bigger?  Not sure yet, so it stays on the bed while I think.

It's amazing to think that this is the third top I've finished in the last two weeks.   Our below zero temperatures and yesterday's 18" of snow have really helped.

No comments: