Thursday, January 17, 2019

Good Fortune top done!


This measures 72" x 72" so it will be a nice throw for someone.  Who?  Who knows!  But I'm glad to be finished with the top and plan to quilt it myself eventually.  I'm hoping a little time in the quilting queue (a/k/a the closet) will tone the colors down a bit.  It's quite bright, but it is good to note that I didn't buy a single piece of fabric to make this quilt so far.  Because it has so many pieces, I may get a wide piece of muslin for the back to make it easier to quilt on my machine.

I have a lot of those chevrons - 100? - that I made incorrectly, and today I added some plain cream fabric to a few to make star blocks.  I can make 25 7" blocks which might make nice table runners or quilt backs or...


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great - I had intended to be done this week - but life got in the way - or should I say my daughters life? oh well, I will be back to quilts tomorrow probably