Saturday, April 11, 2020

Finishes




Yesterday I worked on the April blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This month's colors are bright and light blue, but I was low on those colors due to making the sky on My Small World and using light blue in a few other projects recently.  But I managed, of course.  I made four blocks even though I had previously made three.  I just forgot how many I had made before.  
Such is the way of life these days.   This is the last day of the four week long Stay Home - Stay Safe, so I have become confused as to which day of the week it is.  No wonder I am confused about other things!  The Governor has extended this period to at least May 15, although he did say he might open things up sooner for construction workers and others who work outside.  This will be good for Chris who is itching to get outside to mow lawns.  Even with last night's sprinkling of snow, grass is waking up.  Our Governor Scott is doing a great job in all of this.  We don't agree on most things (minimum wage, sick leave, etc.), but he has been calm, reasoned, and smart during this health emergency.

I am ready to block the blue silk scarf I've been knitting for the last year.  My ironing board is too long, so it hangs over a little bit, but I'm going to use it instead of a bed.  Easier on the back.  It really looks a lot prettier in person - there is a blend of colors in the lacy pattern.  After blocking, I'll weave the loose threads in, which is my least favorite part of knitting.  I started making a cardigan for myself, knit on round needles.  I am sure it will take forever to finish, but I try to do at least one or two rows a day while watching TV.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty BLUE blocks for the RSC, but your scarf is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

maggie fellow said...

pretty blocks - I need to block a scarf and hadn't thought of my ironing board - that will save my back

Cathy said...

Your blue blocks are absolutely beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get my blue blocks done for the RSC but there is still several weeks so I guess I still have plenty of time . I does get to the point were who knows what the day of the week is and does it matter as one day is the same as the next. We are back to chilly weather this week and some rain so that makes it more dreary to me.

Deb A said...

Why did I not realize you were in Vermont? What part? I tend to just put the syrup in jars and pop them in the freezer and pull them out when needed.
Pretty blocks and love your scarf.

Susie H said...

The yarn is beautiful in your scarf. After blocking it will be so lovely to wear. I like your RSC blocks too. They look really good all together! Have a great week!