Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Rainbow Scrappy quilt finish

 

After a few weeks of machine quilting, I put the binding on my RSC20 quilt yesterday.   It finishes at 65" x 75", twin bed-sized.  I'll take a picture of it with the striped binding on the next time Chris comes by because it needs two sets of hands to hold it up.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, and I think it will be a colorful addition to any room.

I stitched the stars in the ditch diagonally and made spiraled squares in the squares in between the star blocks.  This makes the stars stand out a bit more.  I like quilts that are a little more puffy after quilting, and less quilting makes that happen.  I do need to wash it with color catchers and get all of the wash-away pen out, but I will take it to a laundromat and use a big washer for that.  My front loader just doesn't use enough water to keep the dyes from running back into the quilt.

Now I can move onto another project - what will it be?  I have some eye glass holders to finish and  a few more table runners to make for fall sales at the florist's downtown.  There are several  packs of charm squares just asking to be used for those.  But first I'll spend my usual morning in the booksale room at the library, sorting donations for a sale whenever it becomes safe.  After that, yoga, lunch, and a nap!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it - and when you mention RSC it reminds me that I was going to get started early this month to get caught up on colors and I didn't once again

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a gorgeous quilt - beautiful finish! I'm new to your blog so had fun going around to read some other posts. My book club is reading Where'd You Go, Bernadette? this month! I haven't started it yet, so I'm glad to know you liked it. And I'm so impressed that you and your husband go with your sign and stand there. I imagine you do get some interesting responses! I definitely feel fatigue from so many things this year, and it's getting old!