Sunday, August 2, 2020

"Sisters" Quilt Along


Do I need another project?  Well, I guess I do since I've been making blocks for the Sisters Quilt Along created by Aby Dolinger whose blog I enjoy reading.  This block of the month features a 12" block and a 6" block in the same design, and since my blue box is overflowing, I decided to make my blocks in scrappy blues on cream.  This QAL began in January, so I was way behind at the beginning of the week.  Here are some of the blocks I made for previous months.

Today I worked on the August blocks.  They were complex, but do-able, and Aby offered an easier alternative for the smaller block.  So I made both smaller blocks.  :-)

This week I plan to make the blocks for January and February, and then I can sit tight until September.  I actually like this way of working on a block of the month, jumping in and doing most of the blocks at once.  It's a great way to use up scraps, and I like making differently sized blocks for a quilt.

No comments: