Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A few more photos

 A few months ago, I posted a picture of the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt I made last winter. but it wasn't a great photo.  I took what I'm calling "Green Mountain Spring" outside for better photos last week.  

I'm not sure what I'll do with this quilt as it's too large to fit in a "large" USPS priority mailing box.  Guess I'll just hang onto it until I hear of a need locally.  I don't feel good selling any quilts made from Hunter's patterns as she posts them for free for people to use and enjoy.  This year I've made three although I usually find her patterns far too fiddly, with loads of tiny triangles. 

I like the way Marie quilted it, with big swirly leaves, along with the hot pink border strip.

I really don't like to make mystery quilts because I'm not always thrilled with the color combinations I choose for the unknown pattern.  I really love the one I did years ago, though, using Christmas fabrics.  Maybe this quilt will grow on me, too.

And here's one of the mug rugs I made recently for a swap.  I forgot to take a picture, but the recipient, Mary in Ontario, did.  It uses a Vermont "license plate" from the summer shop hop a few years ago, along with a binding made of selvages.  Now to figure out what to do with the 14 leftover license plates from all over the country.



No comments: