Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Photos!

I've been having a hard time taking pictures of finished quilts this year.  Paul, my main holder of quilts, has been ill for so long and, while he's getting a little better every day, he still isn't up to the task.  I asked a neighbor to hold a quilt and he just couldn't get the hang of holding it taut.  It kept sagging so you couldn't really see the quilt.  Chris has been busy doing lawn care so only comes on rainy, overcast days, not good for photography.  Yesterday I took a stack outside to hang on the fence at the corner of our yard.  Here are a few quilts made this year.


This little quilt uses vintage hankies and some Jane Austen reproduction fabrics.  I plan to give it to the Old Labor Hall for their next fund raiser since the hankies came from a loyal board member who passed away last year.



This bed-sized medallion quilt (twin?) features sashiko in the center, with borders all around.  I didn't use a pattern; just made things up as I went around.  The more I look at it, the more I like it.  Marie quilted most of it in a swirly pattern, but I hand quilted the center.  Who should I give it to?


The photo of the whole quilt shows that it's way too wrinkly to show.  I need to steam it to get some of the wrinkles out before photographing the whole thing.  It's a string quilt but more organized than my usual squares.  Based on "Honeycomb," by Karen Griska, this is about crib-sized and quilted on my home machine.


And here's the Dancing Nine Patch (based on a Bonnie Hunter pattern) I've been working on for the last few weeks.  I made the nine patches over the last year or so after I noticed my box of 2.5" scrappy squares was overflowing.  I had just enough of the blue sashing to finish.  I love the colorful striped border of this couch quilt.


I like the way the quilting turned out.

There are more photos to come - stay tuned!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have gotten a lot done - so often I have to get photos of the quilt laying on the deck or floor and stand up on a chair to take a photo from above.