Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Quilting

I've been quilting my Pop Stars quilt here and there throughout the days.  It's easy but a bit repetitive, so I take breaks after an hour or so.  I'm doing close, squiggly lines all down the length of the quilt which is crib-sized.  It looks pretty good but it also feels odd to be doing something so free form.

In between quilting sessions, I've been appliqueing a Halloween door hanging based on a pattern from the Piece 'o' Cake ladies' book The Best-Ever Applique Sampler, but I used a variety of Halloween fabrics.  When did purple and lime become Halloween "colors"?   No matter - I like both.

A "tree" made of one of the big flowers will go to the right of the house, and now I'm wondering about a little embroidery or other embellishment.  A pieced border with a variety of Halloween fabrics will go around the house block, and then I'll quilt it very simply.  I love having a smaller project that will actually get finished sooner.

This has been really fun to work on.  I may yet make another small quilt out of the same book which features more floral designs, my favorite.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't know when purple and lime became halloween colors either but I like it - adds more than when it is just orange and black