Friday, July 16, 2021

Hot, humid days

We are moving a little more slowly these days due to the humidity.  The AC is going in the sewing room, thank goodness, and its coolness wafts downstairs a bit.  A fan also helps make life bearable, both in the bedroom at night and in the living room in the day.  Reading and sewing have been my main activities lately.  I managed to make a few more pineapple blocks for the RSC - so far I've made 24 6" blocks, not enough for a quilt.  So I'll keep at it, making four blocks a month, until I can't stand it anymore.

I'm working on my monthly blocks for Harriet's Journey now.  I love working with the "Moody Blooms" fabric and am now wondering about how I will set the 6" blocks.  I'm testing a block Chiaverini calls "Philadelphia" as an alternate block.  That will result in a very pink quilt, so I'm not sure this will be "it."  I may simply go with white sashing between the blocks.  We'll see.

Yesterday, I received a surprise in the mail - not one but two mug rugs from Cindy in Washington state as part of a mug rug swap.  They're awfully cute and were put into immediate use.   Cindy did a great job with both hand- and machine embroidery and free motion quilting.   I guess happiness is a new mug rug!

I'm off to the library this afternoon to help out at the Friends' book sale.  It's always fun to see the shoppers enjoying the treasures they find and catching up with folks we know.  The sale continues tomorrow, too, when I'll be back with the clean up crew.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wouldn't be able to survive the summers here without central A/C I assume the humidity is not normal there