Sunday, February 20, 2022

Interesting weather

Yesterday's weather was alternating snow, squalls, sun, and gray.  We woke up to a pink sky ("sailors take warning") and because I'd heard a little snow was in the forecast, I didn't go grocery shopping.  Instead, I cut fabric for the last four blocks of Austen Jubilee and made one.  Did a little laundry in between.   With no dryer, I do smaller loads these days so I can dry thing on racks and, for sheets, over two chairs and the treadmill.  Works fine, but I don't want to do it forever.  Hope the part comes soon.

As the snow was swirling around, I noticed we had a very real cookie shortage here.  Our supply chain had come to a halt.   I found a new recipe at www.sallysbakingaddiction.com and went to work.  The batter needs to chill for at least two hours, but the result is delicious.  The recipe for soft chocolate chip cookies says it makes 16 large cookies, but I decided to make them a little smaller.  Delish!

After I'd gotten the batter in the refrig to chill, I decided to make applesauce with some leftover apples.  While peeling, I nicked the tip of my pinky finger and bled all over the place.  After affixing lots of bandaids, I got the applesauce cooking and sat down to read for most of the rest of the day.   Didn't want to risk bleeding on my blocks.  I'm reading Murder in Quilt City by Bruce Leonard - not great literature, but I'm learning a lot about Paducah.  That's on my bucket list.  Hope to get back to those blocks today after a trip to the grocery store and another small load of wash.  The sun is shining!


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think you would love Paducah if you ever got there - this year there will be a AQS show in March in Branson MO which is actually only about 2 hours from me than the 6.5 to Paducah - maybe a little more on the mountain curvy roads especially if a lot of people in Arkansas are driving to it - traffic will be slower. I hope to go to it seeing as the covid numbers are dropping so much. Your cookies look great - hope your dryer parts come in soon - I would probably be running to a laundromat to use their dryers while waiting for a part.