Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A productive month

January was cold but not too snowy here in central Vermont.  There were days when I only ventured out of the house to dump the compost and/or get the mail.  This morning, it was -6 degrees F, and that's been pretty typical.  We've had lots of sunshine, though, but it's deceiving.  Staying in so much meant that quite a few books were read, new recipes were tried, and paperwork got its due.  The Friends of the Library filed Articles of Incorporation, and now I'm working on the by-laws.  

One thing I did neglect was my ongoing family history writing project, but I'll get to that in February (I hope).  I need to finish putting the relatives my newly discovered cousin Andre vW-G sent me into my tree, too.  Of course, I need to work on my taxes in February, too.

Throughout the month, I worked steadily in the quilting room on various blocks of the month:

  - a burgundy/teal sampler with blocks of my own choosing and guild BOMs

  - the Jane Austen Jubilee, with blocks from a Quiltmaker mystery

  - Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt, which I'm making as a quilt along with the Heart of Vermont guild

  - two Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts - 6" pineapples and variously sized house books

  - a 6" block of the month lottery with the international Friendship Swap group

I also made a table runner with hankies, knit a blue scarf and hat, and finished a little sampler (I'll take a photo later today to post).   

I tried a little Guernsey knitting on the hat which was not without its problems.  Hope whoever gets it likes it anyway.  I started a new scarf yesterday using two strands of DK weight yarn, for a bulky look.  It's going fast on #10 needles, which is nice.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

makes you glad you have hobbies - I don't know how people who only read and watch tv make it through winter!