Saturday, January 29, 2022

A touch of spring

 



I saw these in the grocery store yesterday and just couldn't resist buying them.  "Field grown in England" (so the tag said), they greeted me this morning and gave me hope!  The thermometer read -0.6 degrees, and today's high will be around 8.  But we aren't having the big coastal snowstorm that may bring 24" to the Boston area and elsewhere.  For that I am thankful, and today I'll spend a little time organizing my tax stuff, balancing my check book, and quilting the scrappy, little bird quilt I made this week.  

I made four 10" pieced bird blocks and set them with 25 patch blocks made of 2.5" scrappy squares.  The back is an odd piece of Minnie Mouse fabric I had hanging around.  I will check with Bags of Love if they take smaller quilts (36" x 36").  Funny how those scraps don't seem to take up less room no matter how many I pull out of the boxes.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we all need flowers for a burst of spring in the house I think - I was thinking of grabbing a bouquet at the supermarket when I went last week and thought to grab some right before I checked out - but when I finished my shopping and went to the check out I had forgotten all about them! they have them at the front of the store when they need to change that to next to the check out so you can grab them on your way out! Glad the storm will miss you - we might be getting a winter storm on Wednesday unless their forecast changes as it so often does