Thursday, January 6, 2022

January doldrums

 


Yesterday's sunrise was amazing, and several people posted similar pictures.  Unfortunately, that was the prettiest moment of the day which quickly turned gloomy.  This morning treated us to a brief period of blue, but again turned gloomy as most of the last couple of weeks have been.  It makes it hard to stay perky, especially since we've been dealing with a few calamities.  First, our upstairs toilet got clogged and we had to wait several days for a plumber.  Turns out, Paul had just about fixed it, but that didn't make waiting any easier.  All is well today.

What worse, one of the little plastic tabs on the bobbin cover on my reliable Elna broke, and I can't sew until I get a new one.  I ordered one that is coming from Great Britain, so I ordered another one that will come from California.  Good grief!  Equidistant from Vermont!  And nothing closer.  To keep busy until my machine is back in business, I cut some wool pennies using my Go Baby, and I'm appliqueing them to batik squares.  It's fun to try different embroidery stitches with them.  I never seem to improve when it comes to embroidery, but someone riding by on a galloping horse won't know!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

January for us is always trying to decide is it late fall or early winter - last two days in the 30's and cloudy - to chilly to take a walk outside - the decorations are all put away and I'm busy making one RSC quilt after another - figure this is doable making them every month adding to them. Hope your machine part comes soon