Monday, January 24, 2022

Elephants

 This fall, I joined a swap of 10.5" elephant blocks.  We could use any pattern we wanted and have the elephants facing in any direction we wanted, as long as we used Kaffe Fassett-like fabric and black backgrounds.  

The blocks have been coming in; I'm waiting for a few more.   One of the swappers has COVID, so her block won't be coming until February.   I was itching to see how they'll looked together.   I thought a simple setting would work well, given the colorful fabric used.  When the rest of the blocks come, I will sash them so that the black and colorful sashings alternate.  I'm hoping for a 36" square quilt - baby or wall hanging sized.  

Today it's quite sunny, but at 10:30 it was still one degree below zero.  All these continuous days indoors have made me restless, and the best thing for me is to sew.  I have these blocks ready to put together and the binding ready to go for whenever the other blocks arrive.  

Pam is coming for lunch, and this afternoon I'll get my book out - Murder at Malabar House - and try my hand at Wordle.