Friday, January 21, 2022

More cold weather



I took advantage of today's brilliant sunshine to take a few pictures.  It can sometimes be too gloomy in my north-facing sewing room. 

Here is the table runner I made out of a couple of antique hankies and a corner of an old, embroidered tablecloth.  Pink seemed just right to surround the hexagons I used under each piece.  I have a nice piece of pink fabric cut for the back and plan to get it all quilted... manana.  

Next are some more heart blocks that I'll tuck away for now.  I am planning a smaller sampler with various blocks of the month.   Earlier this month, I made some Friendship Stars, and the hearts are really for February.  This was an extremely easy pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew.  I like her patterns which can be adapted in many ways.

I may make a few more of these heart blocks in different colors as the month goes on.  I like Cluck Cluck Sew's colorful way of setting them with scrappy squares for a happy quilt.



No comments: