Sunday, February 27, 2022

Another foot of snow

It snowed all day Friday, but yesterday was typically sunny and cold (high of 20 but 5 degrees when we got up).  Everything got plowed and shoveled, and the world was bright and shiny.  I stayed in and watched Paul fill the bird feeders which had gone empty during the snow.  This morning, I surprised a big deer at one - no wonder they get empty so fast!  And six more ran through the backyard in the dark.  

Meanwhile, I finished the next round of the Unity quilt and anticipated the next one - 6" blocks that are a variation on Friendship Star.  Will I have enough fabric?  I know I have enough neutrals and bright yellow, but what about navy and light blues?  Guess I'll find out later in the month when I do the next round.  It's about 42" square now and will end up queen-sized.  

I'm going to set it aside and work on a few other things, including various blocks of the month.   I have a lot of projects going here and there and have run out of project boxes.  I need to get a few more so I can retire some of my pizza boxes.  The Unity quilt doesn't fit in one, so I'm using a plastic bag Paul got at the hospital.

My first project today will be making a few blocks of It's The Point so I can show them to a potential customer and to the pattern designer, Tess.  I have quite a few charm squares all cut but need to cut the framing/sashing strips.  My version is going to look quite a bit different than Tess' sample, but I'm testing the pattern and hope my bright and black colorway will be helpful to her.

No comments: