Monday, February 21, 2022

Spinners

I finished this time's Austen Jubilee blocks with these four 6" Bonnie Hunter "Spinner" blocks. 

They were really easy!  I am running low on my "Jane Austen at Home" fabrics and wonder if I ought to order some more.  Guess I'll wait and see what the next assignment will be before I do.  

This was a very easy pattern, and I finished the blocks within an hour.  I wondered if they might be a good block to make in quantity for my mixed RSC in April.  I also wanted to try having the background fabric as a true background and not as the focal point of the block.  So I made a few more with yellow centers.  Easy peasy.

They do look an awful lot like the Friendship Stars I made in January, but with different colors, they will be fine.  I'll put these aside for now and wait until I find out what the color for April will be.  In the meantime, it's time to get back to work on my Unity quilt and start getting fabric together to test Tess' It's the Point quilt.  

Yesterday was a blustery, cold day, so I finished reading Quilt City Murder and started on another cozy set in a bookstore on Maryland's Eastern Shore.  We took one walk which was about all we could stand.  Today it's warmer, but cloudy, so we will most likely get in a few walks.  We need the fresh air!



No comments: