Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Harriet's Journey

I joined a block of the month using Jennifer Chiaverini's new quilt book, Harriet's Journey.  Each month, we'll have eight blocks assigned, so that we should be able to finish the quilt in a little over a year.  I can't remember how many 6" blocks there are, but I will work on them until I'm sick of them, I'm sure.  I do love samplers.

I'm loving this Moda line of fabrics called Moody Bloom, but I'm adding a few things from stash along the way.  This quilt definitely calls for some purple.  The background will be various white on whites.  The first couple of blocks were easy, but the next two were fiddly.   And, because of the size of the blocks, many will be, I'm sure.

Chiaverini's directions include those dreaded Y seams and other tough instructions.  But it is good to see that there are more foundation paper pieced directions in this book.  Previous books like Sylvia's Bridal Sampler were pretty challenging.  Still, as I worked on another block this  morning, I got thinking that I really need this as it seems to tune up my mind.  Never a bad thing!

No comments: