Thursday, March 25, 2021

Works in Progress

I've been working a little more on the Dear Jen quilt these days.  Currently, I'm hand appliqueing three pineapple blocks which are actually easier to make than I had initially thought.  Jen Kingwell's hardest blocks seem to be pieced, but the quilt seems designed for hand piecing which I don't do.  I have been quilting blocks for my Anything Goes purple quilt off and on, and the hand pieced ones are the toughest to quilt due to their lack of uniformity.  

Anyway, here are some more Dear Jen strips of 6" blocks, two from the book and two from my guild blocks of the month.  The angle of my photo makes it look as if they are different lengths, but they are all 18" long.  I'm not exactly sure how I'll set them,  but this is a long term project and I have plenty of time to think about the eternal question of sashing.

I've also been knitting quite a bit using some chunky yarn that self-stripes and also makes cute little flowers now and then.  It's on #11 needles so works up fast.

It will be a nice shawl for Mom to use on summer nights on her porch, I hope.  I've already used a skein of yarn, and luckily I have four more to make it a good size.  I'd like to finish before the weather gets warm, though, since it will be hot work this summer.

Yesterday son Chris took our car to the carwash - quite a relief.  My daffodils are poking out of the ground out front and we have very little snow left to melt.  We are getting our second COVID shots this morning - things are looking up around here.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad you are getting your second covid shot - I have another 8 days to wait for mine. A lot going on in your sewing room - have fun