Friday, March 12, 2021

The pink scarf


I've been knitting most days on a bright pink scarf in a "Gansey" (or Guernsey) pattern using a soft, cotton/modal yarn.   I really like working on it because it's fairly easy - just knit and purl - and yet it's not repetitive.  It's about 48" long so I'm nearing the end which is good because I'm about to start the fourth and last skein.  

I have two skeins of the same yarn in navy blue for some mitts, and I hope I don't run out before those are finished.  Getting more seems to be no problem; KnitPicks got the yarn to me within a few days of ordering.

This morning, I put the binding on the purple quilt even though it needs a little hand quilting still.  I'll hand sew the binding to the back tomorrow when I Zoom with the Calico County Quilters.  We used to get together to sew and talk back before covid.  Hope we can do so again very soon, but Zooming is an OK alternative.  Interesting how "Zoom" became a verb so quickly!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't cared for zoom but I'm glad there are those that do. The pink scarf looks like a nice pattern