Thursday, January 28, 2021

A new scarf and hat

 My sister Jenny gave me a skein of lovely lavender yarn for Christmas, and I promised to knit her a scarf.  It turned into a very cozy cowl with a little left over to make a striped hat.   Doesn't she look cute in them?   She's an outdoorsy gal, hiking the 14ers in Colorado and walking a lot in all weather.   Thank goodness she is nearby to help Mom with just about everything to keep her going in her own home at age 98.5!  

And how about that quilt that's hanging in her living room?  I made it years ago as a round robin with a group.   The center has African fabric I got at a quilt show and didn't know what to do with for a long time.  The round robin group did a great job, as did my friend Mary, the long arm quilter.  I love the purple and orange together.  

Maybe I'll knit her some mittens (like Bernie's?) for her birthday in March.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like she is enjoying your knitted items!