Monday, January 25, 2021

Finally, a finish

 I started sewing the binding down on the Virtual Round Robin quilt before Christmas, set it aside, and forgot about it.  I finally sat down with the Hallmark Mystery channel yesterday and finished in half an hour.  I'm really pleased with how the quilt turned out, but not with the indoor lighting for photography.  Nonetheless, here are some photos.

Winter is a tough time for photo-taking because it's usually too cold and snowy outside.  It was only in the teens when I finished this yesterday.  The quilt is double bed sized, so two people are needed to hold it for a good picture.  I often hang quilts over my neighbors' porch railing but would have to slog through snow to get there now.   I draped the quilt over the living room couch for these pictures.

A shot of the center came out better.  I enjoyed doing the sashiko embroidery in the center, and I hand quilted the center while Marie added swirls with her longarm on the rest.  

I haven't done much hand work lately due to the gloomy skies, but I'd love to do some more sashiko.  It's very easy - big stitches using a special weight of thread.  The Dear Jen quilt has some appliqued blocks I'd like to work on, and maybe I can incorporate a sashiko block or two into that, too.




1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great!! love the two color theme too and such great stitching in the middle