Friday, January 29, 2021

Two finishes

Here's a little quilt, lap sized (or maybe crib, depending on your point of view), made with leftover bits and pieces of the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt that I took to the long arm quilter last week. The setting is based on the book Circle of Nines. I quilted this one myself and am calling it Vermont Spring. We do still have gray skies and a little snow on the ground into May many years. Let's hope for an early one this year.  This little quilt required some time ripping out seams, and another trip to the quilt shop for more gray fabric.  But I'm happy with the way it turned out.

And next is a table runner made with some vintage hankies and some Jane Austen-era reproduction fabric called Jane at Home.   I joined a quilt along on Facebook this month and followed along, making 9 blocks before I put pedal to the metal on the BH mystery.  Many people in the quilt along group have made bed-sized quilts, but I think I want a wallhanging.  So I chose three blocks to turn into a table runner, and one of these days I'll start making a few more blocks to go with the six that are left.  There's another vintage quilt along starting in March, and I may yet join that one, too.  I still have a bunch of hankies and parts of a little embroidered table topper I've been saving for "someday" that I can use.  Some will need a little washing first - I tried Dawn dish soap but have found Oxiclean does a better job with stains.

No comments: