Friday, January 15, 2021

Birthdays

 Yesterday was grocery shopping and cookie baking day in advance of Chris' and Paul's birthdays, today and tomorrow.  It is hard to believe this guy (seen in 2010) is already 39!  It seems like just yesterday to me.

Chris doesn't eat much dessert, so I made a batch of Karen's ginger cookies for him to take home and for Paul to enjoy, too.  These have become adopted as a Christmas treat but, because we are watching our intake, I didn't make them until now.  The recipe makes so many that a few went into the freezer for later.

Having a winter birthday has its challenges.  When Chris was small, we tried hard to come up with birthday party activities, and sometimes playing in the snow with buddies was fun enough.  Snow soccer was also a hit.  And I do remember taking boys over to Burlington (45 min. away) for roller skating.  It was "interesting" for me to get back on skates after many years!

I have a special dinner planned for tonight (Chris) and will have to think extra hard about tomorrow (Paul).   Should be fun!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad your family is still enjoying that recipe!! I haven't made it years and was thinking of it recently. I bought a cookie freezer tray from King Arthur - a mold type of thing that you can place your dough in, press it down and freeze it then after it is frozen you break the mold apart and have about 3 dozen frozen balls (almost hexagon shape) then just bake as many as you want when you want. I was thinking I might do that with this recipe - I last did it with chocolate chip cookies and baked 4 cookies only when I wanted them for us.