Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Green Mountain Spring

I thought I had posted a finished picture of my newly finished Green Mountain Spring quilt top based on Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek mystery.  But we had some internet issues off and on due to Saturday's heavy snow.  Guess my post didn't make it online.  That's OK - it gave me time to think of a name.  My favorite colors - purple, pink, bright green - the colors of spring are all here.

This "flimsey" is going to my friend Marie, the long armer, on Thursday.   Its size (79" x 79") and many small pieces and seams make it a bit difficult for me to quilt myself.  The historical building where I often pin baste larger quilts is closed due to COVID-19.   This will get it out of the house and off my mind.  I'll get some backing fabric and batting when I take it in, too.

It is so nice to finish a project and move on to others!  I finished knitting the lavender and gray hat and popped it, along with a little scarf, into the mail for my sister Jenny.  Her birthday is in March, but if I wait until then she won't have a chance to wear them this winter.   I started knitting a new hat in purple variegated yarn yesterday but made a big mistake, so took it apart and restarted it this morning.  It will be a nice project for watching the inauguration today.  

Hoping for better days ahead!

No comments: