Monday, April 12, 2021

A few photos

Yesterday afternoon, I took a deep breath and wove in lots of loose ends of yarn from the rectangular shawl I've been knitting for a few months.  It used bulky yarn so didn't take long to get long, but it will be a gift, so I won't post a photo right now.   Today I'll block it and then find a box for mailing.

I also sewed the second fingerless mitt together and wove the yarn ends in.  It took about ten minutes, so I don't know why I procrastinated!  

I'll work on a few small projects now that it's warmer.  I loved making a Gansey (Guernsey) scarf, so I may design another one using this soft "Shine" yarn from Knit Picks only in a lighter color than this blue.  I also have some variegated cotton for dishcloths.

On the quilting front, my second Ricky Tims class was very interesting, and I'm going to get my homework done today so that I can start on building my blocks.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when I get done with the sweater I am trying to knit I think I will switch to knitting only small items until I really get the hang of it all - I would like to learn cables and other things so smaller items like scarfs and mitts like yours might be a good idea