Friday, April 2, 2021

Houses

 

This week my mind has been all about houses and homes.  I said goodbye to this quilt Wednesday as I dropped it off at Studio Place Arts for its upcoming silent/online auction.   

I love the way this swap quilt came together and the way I quilted it with my walking foot.  I started by drawing two slightly off center diagonal lines and then echoing closely.  It took a long time and lots of thread, but really worked.  

The gallery does so much for our community that I like to support it whenever I can.  My Storm at Sea quilt was in a show a year or so ago there, and they also featured two other quilts in virtual show last year.

I have always enjoyed making house quilts, and this week I made a tiny pincushion and a mug rug featuring them.  I don't want to show them as they are for a special birthday coming up.  But suffice it to say, they are cute.

Paul and I looked at another condo in our neighborhood the other day and are now debating whether to make an offer.  We have been looking for one that offers one level living (right now we are on three floors) for a couple of years.  This house unfortunately needs lots of work - new floors throughout and a good deal of painting.  But the price is right.  It is also smaller than our current house which we love for its light- and airiness.   The job of moving/downsizing seems daunting.  What to do?  We have a long list of pros and cons as well as to-dos before we decide.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if you are in no immediate rush to move I would wait and find what I want that doesn't need a lot of fixing. Love your house quilt turned out great.