Friday, April 30, 2021

Back to the drawing board

 My mom said the "gridified quilt" was a bit "busy," and Ricky Tims offered a suggestion for improvement which I took.  Now I have a bigger windmill up front with the medium-sized one in the center.  The result is about 2" less wide, and a little less busy.  I like it except for that sliver of bright blue on top of the big windmill.  That will change today and then I will start putting the sections together.  

My next dilemma will be the border.  The block at the top is what I had thought of doing, changing the background color to go with the main color each border block touches.  I devised a slightly simpler block and will try making a few to see how I like them all together.  I don't want the border to overpower the quilt.  I keep wondering about small piano keys with tulips in the corners, so I may give those a try also.

Our class virtual show and tell session is scheduled for May 8, and I wonder how many of the 100+ students will actually be finished by then.  I probably won't be!  With Paul in the hospital in Burlington now, I'm spending a lot of time on the road.  It's about an hour each way which is OK as it's mostly interstate driving.   Family, friends, and neighbors have all been very nice, and I am thankful to have projects to keep me from worrying too much.  


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope Paul will be home soon - have the doctors figured out what is wrong?