Monday, April 26, 2021

Almost together

 

Yesterday was my last "gridified art quilts" class with Ricky Tims, and today I managed to put a lot of the parts together.  I almost missed lunch!  There are now only six sections to be sewn together.  

I really enjoyed working on this.  Ricky urged us to use traditional patchworks and as many different fabrics as we wanted to make our pieces.  I was skeptical at first, but I think it really works.  His feedback in between sessions was just great - very helpful and encouraging.

 We have show and tell on May 8, and I don't know if I'll be completely finished but maybe!  I want to add a border, and right now I'm thinking about echoing the big windmill's sails all the way around.  I'm not sure how I'll quilt it, either so I'll think about that as I finish putting it together.  Quilting is always the hardest part for me.  And then there's the question:  to bind or to face?  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never "faced" a quilt I must admit I have never even thought about it! Hope Paul is doing ok.