Wednesday, April 14, 2021

"Good to go"

After posting a new draft of my theme block for the Ricky Tims class, I got the OK to proceed and make the blocks.  

The paper pieced tulip I drew was hard to put together neatly, and Ricky's stem and leaves, while whimsical, don't seem to go well.  So I made a 3" pieced tulip which is easier, especially because I'm hoping to make a few more.  I may even embroider some stems.  We'll see what Ricky has to say.

Scale and perspective have not yet been discussed in the class, and we'll also talk about fillers.  I  made a test block of just the sails for a possible outer border, but will just have to wait and see what's next in the class.  


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

he changed your stem and leafs for the tulip? they don't seem to go with the tulip well at all - I would do it my own way LOL